Patrilineage from Nichols Participant #137332 (Michael
1) Michael Warren Nichols
2) William Snowden Nichols, Jr.
William Snowden Nichols DOB
March 15, 1890 born Bedias, TX , died
Beaumont, TX 5/9/1964—attorney, district judge in Beaumont, TX married Eva
Irene Rix his full siblings were Gay (Ocy) and Charles Benjamin Nichols—Charles Benjamin’s only
son also named Charles Benjamin died in WWII his half siblings included J.O
(Oscar) who died in flu epidemic, Tom (who has only surviving additional male
lineage other than my brothers-1 grandson), Dora, Kate, Sam, and Jerry
4) Charles Benjamin Nichols DOB 1/27/1856 in Mississippi, probably in northern Mississippi near Tennessee border, died 7/21/1904 in Grimes County, TX. Moved to
5) James Fitzjames Nichols, born in New York (? Albany between 1819 and 1821); listed as 39 in 1860 Yazoo County, Mississippi census, died in about 1866 when son was 10 years old in northern Mississippi was school teacher who moved to Mississippi and was “lost” to his family when he did not return to New York during the Civil War; asked to be buried next to his first wife Nancy Slocumb in Hinds County, MS. Is listed as “Whereabouts unknown “in his father’s estate papers after his death in 1869; family stories say he was expected to return to New York at the time of the Civil War by his family, but didn’t do so since he had married Nancy Jane Slocumb who was from Wilkinson County Mississippi leading to permanent family rift between James Fitzjames and his father James Nichols. Per Luce family genealogy website, James was born in 1819, but this date might be wrong if he was actually 39 at time of 1860 census in
6) James Nichols, born 7/4/1793 or 7/4/1796 (depending on which date is correct) in New Lebanon Springs, Columbia, NY; worked for the state government in Albany, info on the LDS “Family Search” website lists his occupations as “Registrar of the State Banking House at Albany, NY” and “Clerk in comptroller’s office, Albany NY”. First wife was Jane Deborah Luce, second wife was Julia Elvira Luce; I don’t know if they were related; Jane Deborah was James Fitzjames’ mother. James died on
7) Benjamin Nichols born in East,
“I think all of the information above is correct since the James Nichols estate settlement in
It is fine with me to post my Nichols ancestry on the website. I just checked on the website and it said I had a 12/12 match but I don’t even really know what that means. All I saw is that I was R1B1B2 and compared that to the Nichols website you sent me.